Thursday, March 1, 2012

Road Trip

We left Ogden, UT on Feb 16th for the President's Day holiday. We went down to Kanab, UT.


The first day we went to Pipe Springs which is a Mormon settlement sanctioned by Brigham Young. It was a working farm.



Playing peek-a-boo with a long horn.


Fire place and cooking area inside the house.


Eating area - table and benches.


Sleeping area with a straw mattresses. We need a new mattress...I think I will pass on this idea. I should post this on Pintrest.













This is a blacksmith area.








I loved this little settlement. It was so quite and serine. Even the animals were quite.

Grand Staircase-Escalante


























We needed a four wheeler to go into this area deeper. So we really didn't see the Staircase part.















Zions National Park

We drove through Zions on Hyway #9. It cost $25.00 to drive through. For us we had to add an extra $15.00 for the motor home for a very long tunel. They have to stop the traffic on the other side and the motor home is driven down the middle. We also had to unhook the Subaru. So I drove that while BJ drove the motor home. After the long tunel There were some really sharep hair pin turns. So I didn't get to many pictures. This was a beautiful drive.




















































This was a fun trip. I would like to go through Zions again and in just the car.
We got back on Feb 20, 2012 because I had an appointment the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment