Friday, June 15, 2012

Home made Insectecide

I went out and sprayed all my plants, my flowers, vegetable beds and fruit trees. I used water with a little Ivory soap. This is a mix I have used for a long time. when I was younger with my first experience in gardening, my mother told me to throw out my dish water on my vegetable plants.

My mother always had the most beautiful roses. She told me that was because the soap in the water from the dish washing water killed the aphids. My mother was right 


4 cups of water 
2 Tablespoons of liquid Ivory dish soap


I am not sure if other dish soaps work, however Ivory is not harmful to the plant and works well to keep insects from destroying the plants. 


This all purpose pesticide disrupts the cell membranes of the insects and kills them by dehydration.

No comments:

Post a Comment